We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What are they
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
Do I want to stop them?
Due to their main role of enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and also in the third party cookie section and give you a button by which you can block the cookies marked optional in the table. There is also a button by which you can agree to accept the optional cookies. For third party cookies we explain where possible how you can block these.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all optional cookies on this site. Obviously you can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons to change your cookie status for our site.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site or from using the site as easily as you might), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org
Which cookies are being used on this site?
- Session ID (necessary) - ONDEMANDAUTH; Required to navigate from one page to another and to maintain the login/logout information during your visit. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires after 20 minutes of inactivity or when you end your session.
- Banner view (necessary) - onetime; Records whether you have been shown the cookie alert banner so as not to show it to you again. It collects information in an anonymous form using a unique identifier. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has closed.
- User Authentication (optional) - UserAuthentication; Contains your country code and an anonymous unique identifier used during your previous visit to personalise the content of this website. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has closed.
- Google Analytics (optional) - utma/utmb/utmc/utmz; These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. They are placed on the site by Google, Inc an American Corporation. It collects information in an anonymous form , including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Google to make reports for us and to help us improve the site. For more information visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Netbiscuits Analytics (optional) - netbiscuits-uid; This cookie is used to collect information about how mobile visitors use our site. It is placed on the site by Netbiscuits, a German Corporation. It collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, what type of device users are using to view the site and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Netbiscuits to make reports for us and to help us improve the site.
Third party Cookies
a) On our website we use social networking icons, sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube and provide a service to help you locate your nearest Stockist. As a result when you visit a page with content embedded from for example YouTube, log onto a social network via the relevant icon on our website or visit the Stockist Locator page of the site you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
b) Flash cookies - L’Oréal uses Flash files to deliver part of its content, such as Video Player, throughout the site. To improve user experience Local Shared Objects – or flash cookies as they are commonly known – are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored in your terminal much in the same way as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies - the adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like www.loreal.co.uk or for all websites – see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Restricting the use of Flash cookies may affect your enjoyment of this site.
c) Spotlight tags - are something we use to track measure and report on activities that happen when you see or click on one of our advertisements somewhere on the web and then either click through to our website from that ad or visit certain pages on our website within 30 days of having seen one of our advertisements somewhere on the web. Our spotlight tags are managed by Mediamind. You can block the use of these spotlight tags by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and scrolling down to “mediamind” and ticking the opt out box.
Reject or accept optional cookies from the site
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons), which are tell us whether the email has been opened. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting and ensure we are sending relevant content. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email. Instructions on how to do this automatically should be in the help section or help file of your browser or program.