L’Oréal’s ambition is to be an exemplary corporate citizen. To help make the world a more beautiful place. We place great value on honesty and clarity and we are committed to building strong and lasting relationships with our customers based on trust and mutual benefit. In line with this philosophy, safeguarding your privacy is essential to us and we wish to inform you through this Privacy Statement about the way we collect and process your personal data.
Vichy is part of the Active Cosmetics Division of L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited (a company with registered number 00271555), whose registered office is at 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ, (“L’Oréal”)
By using this Media (as defined below), you consent to (i) the collection and use of your personal information by us as described in this Privacy Statement; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of your country (including in countries outside of the European Union).
This Privacy Statement applies to all the websites, applications, online games/sweepstakes and any other online initiatives that are owned by or licensed to L’Oréal and that collect personal data ("Media"). Thus, this Privacy Statement does not apply to third party websites, including those that may be mentioned or referred to on our Media via a link.
With your prior consent, we may collect and process all or part of the following information when you are using our Media:
- Data that you provide when (i) filling in forms, (ii) uploading information, (iii) subscribing to online services (for example: applications and social network pages) or (iv) when addressing us with correspondences:
- first name and name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- postal address;
- age/date of birth;
- information about your perception of our products;
- payment details (on e-commerce Media);
- any specific request you would address us (mainly for record purposes);
- photos or videos of you that you would like to share.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and statistical purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What are they
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
Do I want to stop them?
Due to their main role of enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and also in the third party cookie section and give you a button by which you can block the cookies marked optional in the table. There is also a button by which you can agree to accept the optional cookies. For third party cookies we explain where possible how you can block these.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all optional cookies on this site. Obviously you can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons to change your cookie status for our site.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site or from using the site as easily as you might), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org
Which cookies are being used on this site?
- Session ID (necessary) - ONDEMANDAUTH; Required to navigate from one page to another and to maintain the login/logout information during your visit. It collects information in an anonymous form by using a unique identifier. Expires after 20 minutes of inactivity or when you end your session.
- Banner view (necessary) - onetime; Records whether you have been shown the cookie alert banner so as not to show it to you again. It collects information in an anonymous form using a unique identifier. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has closed.
- User Authentication (optional) - UserAuthentication; Contains your country code and an anonymous unique identifier used during your previous visit to personalise the content of this website. This cookie remains on your computer after the session has closed.
- Google Analytics (optional) - utma/utmb/utmc/utmz; These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. They are placed on the site by Google, Inc an American Corporation. It collects information in an anonymous form , including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Google to make reports for us and to help us improve the site. For more information visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Netbiscuits Analytics (optional) - netbiscuits-uid; This cookie is used to collect information about how mobile visitors use our site. It is placed on the site by Netbiscuits, a German Corporation. It collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, what type of device users are using to view the site and the pages they visited on the site. This information is then used by Netbiscuits to make reports for us and to help us improve the site.
Third party Cookies
a) On our website we use social networking icons, sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube and provide a service to help you locate your nearest Stockist. As a result when you visit a page with content embedded from for example YouTube, log onto a social network via the relevant icon on our website or visit the Stockist Locator page of the site you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
b) Flash cookies - L’Oréal uses Flash files to deliver part of its content, such as Video Player, throughout the site. To improve user experience Local Shared Objects – or flash cookies as they are commonly known – are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored in your terminal much in the same way as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies - the adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like www.loreal.co.uk or for all websites – see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Restricting the use of Flash cookies may affect your enjoyment of this site.
c) Spotlight tags - are something we use to track measure and report on activities that happen when you see or click on one of our advertisements somewhere on the web and then either click through to our website from that ad or visit certain pages on our website within 30 days of having seen one of our advertisements somewhere on the web. Our spotlight tags are managed by Mediamind. You can block the use of these spotlight tags by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and scrolling down to “mediamind” and ticking the opt out box.
Reject or accept optional cookies from the site
Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (web beacons), which are tell us whether the email has been opened. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting and ensure we are sending relevant content. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email. Instructions on how to do this automatically should be in the help section or help file of your browser or program.
We principally use your data to keep connected with you especially by regularly sending you news and information on our products, our brands, our initiatives and/or our Media.
We also use your information to improve your digital experience with us: understanding your interests in our Media and its contents, market research, managing your online account, validating your enrolments to our initiatives, processing your payments, ensuring that our Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, protecting you against potential fraudulent transactions.
We recognise the need to protect your personal information and that of any other person on whose behalf you are contacting us. Personal information will include your name, contact details and the nature of your contact. The information will be processed by L'Oreal (U.K.) Limited in order to address your contact and for internal monitoring, health-related contact reporting and audit requirements. This processing may involve disclosure of the information to other members of the L'Oreal Group and certain service providers. For more information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ. You may write to us to request a copy of the personal information held about you.
If you identify any mistakes in the data or if you find it incomplete or equivocal, you may also require from us that we correct it, complete it or clarify it.
Finally, you may require us to erase any data we have concerning you. However please note that we may keep records of your data for archiving purposes (especially when required by law).
Other than as set out in this Privacy Statement or unless we have your prior consent, we do not share your information with people outside of the L’Oreal Group or service providers (for example our web agencies who manage on our behalf some online initiatives).
Please note that we strictly require our service providers to use your data solely to operate the services we ask them to perform. We also ask these business partners to always act in compliance with applicable privacy laws and to pay strong attention to the confidentiality of your data.
Your information is stored in our databases accessible only by our employees and our service providers.
In some cases, and mainly for technical reasons, those databases may be stored on servers located outside of the country (including outside of the European Union) from which you originally entered the data. In this case, and if there is a risk that countries to which your information are transferred are not subject to a data protection regime as rigorous as the one explained in this Privacy Statement, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated in line with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We aim at always keeping your data safe and secure as possible. In this perspective we deploy multiple security technologies in order to prevent as much as possible any alteration, loss or unauthorized access to your data.
On our e-commerce Media, we handle your payment information with industry standard methods (such as PCI DSS).
Please note that we may occasionally modify this Privacy Statement. In this case, the changes will be posted on this page.