- Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring sugar that’s found in the skin – the human body contains around 15 grams of it which it recycles each day.
- Hyaluronic Acid is classed as a humectant as it’s incredibly hydrating and can hold 1,000 times its own weight in water. This means that it draws water into the skin like a sponge, plumping and restoring firmness.
- As the body ages, our natural production of Hyaluronic Acid slows down which can lead to premature signs of ageing in the skin such as fine lines and wrinkles. Adding Hyaluronic Acid-rich serums and creams into your skincare regime can help to restore plumpness and radiance.
- Hyaluronic Acid comes in low and high molecular weights which can have slightly different results on the skin. Higher weight Hyaluronic Acid molecules are larger in size so will sit on the skin surface and attract moisture from the atmosphere, while lower weight Hyaluronic Acid is a smaller molecule that can penetrate the skin to help plump and hydrate.
- As Hyaluronic Acid is produced naturally by the body, it doesn’t cause any irritation and is accepted easily by the skin. It’s also very gentle and can be used on all skin types, including sensitive.
- Hyaluronic Acid also has antioxidant properties and can help to protect and shield the skin against free radical damage caused by environmental aggressors such as pollution.
Fancy introducing Hyaluronic Acid to your regime? Here’s how…
High-Weight Hyaluronic Acid
Minéral 89’s Daily Booster is the perfect way to stay hydrated while protecting skin against daily aggressors like pollution. For the first time ever, Vichy Laboratories has created a formula that blends a high concentration of 89% Vichy Volcanic Water with natural origin hyaluronic acid. Together the formulas can help to strengthen the skin’s natural barrier function while improving visible signs of urban ageing . Apply it as the first step in your routine to a clean, dry face using tapping motions all the way from the chin, to the sides of the face, across the cheeks and forehead and back down. This will leave your skin looking plump and protected throughout the day.
Fragmented Hyaluronic Acid
Vichy’s Vitamin C Brightening Corrector combines 15% pure vitamin C with a fragmented form of hyaluronic acid to help brighten the look of the skin . Due to its fragmented state, the hyaluronic acid within this serum has a lower molecular weight and size. This means that is able to penetrate deeper into the epidermis and leaves the complexion looking brighter, fresher, more rested and radiant.
Low and High Weight Hyaluronic Acid
If your skin feels like it needs an intensive hit of moisture, then a mask is a really effective way of hydrating it. Vichy’s Liftactiv Hyalu Mask is formulated with both low and high-weight natural origin Hyaluronic Acid.. The result? Plumper-looking skin that appears firmer with visibly reduced wrinkles.