PARTY ON: the professional makeup rules guaranteed to keep you gorgeous this festive season.
Vichy’s expert makeup artist CLAIRE RAY knows a thing or two about makeup. Check out part II of her 30 insider tips and tricks, and ensure you shine this party season!
- If you’re wearing semi-permanent lashes, invest in heated lash curlers. Normal lash curlers can damage and snap the false lashes.
- Curling your eyelashes will really open up your eyes and make you appear like you’ve had 8 hours sleep. To help hold the curl in place, apply your mascara immediately
- Opt for smaller blusher/bronzer brushes so you can be more precise and avoid applying too much.
- After you have cleaned your brushes lightly spray a lavender or rose water toner over
them and allow to dry. This will keep them smelling fresh.
- For thicker fuller lashes, apply one coat of mascara, dust lashes with translucent
powder, and then apply second coat.
- Buy a tiny fan-shaped art brush and use this to apply your mascara to bottom lashes. It will get all the hard to reach lashes.
- When choosing a natural blusher, gently pinch the apple of your cheeks .The colour/tone
your cheeks go is an indicator as to what blusher colour you should choose.
- Finish your foundation by setting it with a setting powder. This is a
translucent, matte powder that helps keep your foundation from sliding around, while
preventing oil build up from showing through.
- The amount of foundation you are applying should be no bigger than a 50p piece.
- Use a white eyeliner on the inner rim of your eyes, it will reflect the whites of your eyes and so will help disguise late night!
- For an intense eyeliner, apply liquid eyeliner over the pencil version.
- Use mascara if you don’t have an eyeliner handy. All you need is a thin brush to dip into the mascara bottle.
- Brush your lips after brushing your teeth. This will remove dry skin cells and
stimulate the blood supply to your lips, giving you a natural red colour.
- Use your lipstick as a cream blusher. Apply a little to the apples of your cheeks
and blend well.
- Double up your brown or black eyeshadow by wetting an eyeliner brush and
using it as an eyeliner.
Armed with our 30 beauty tricks, we hope your party season is even better than ever. Enjoy!
Missed part 1? Read it here.