Understand more about Vichy’s product ranges, and how to find the ideal one for you
Your skin changes from day to day, season to season and year to year and your skincare should change to reflect those needs.
It’s really important to understand your skin’s needs to ensure you are using the skincare regime that best suits your needs. Your skin changes from day to day, season to season and year to year and your skincare should change to reflect those needs.
However manoeuvring through the skincare aisle to understand what you should be using can be tricky. Vichy’s different ranges are designed for varying skin concerns and needs. I am going to take you through these to help you understand which one is right for you.
It is worth noting all Vichy products are suitable for sensitive skin (which is show by itching, stinging or burning sensations). The products are all tested on sensitive skin and are hypoallergenic formulations.
- Aqualia is designed for dehydrated skin
- Dehydrated skin is caused by a lack of water; when the skin is dehydrated it cannot renew itself properly
- Dehydrated skin is not a skin type, it is a condition that anyone can experience – i.e. it is dictated by your environment
- Dehydration can result in dehydration lines forming throughout the day and can cause a lack of radiance. It can also cause tight sensations and lack of suppleness of the skin
- Aqualia, intensely hydrates and soothes the skin. It restores the feel of comfort, giving it a fresh looking and radiant complexion
- Normaderm is designed for oily, blemish prone skin. Whether that is shininess and enlarged pores, oiliness or spots Normaderm will target these signs.
- Problem skin needs to be cleansed and exfoliated, in order to remove excess oil and dead skin cells. It also needs to be hydrated with a daily moisturiser, even oily skin needs hydration to renew itself
- Normaderm consists of a cleansing range and a mix of moisturisers allowing you to target and reduce the appearance of imperfections
- If lack of luminosity, dull skin and fine lines are your concern Idealia is for you
- Idealia was created for women who are always on the go, whether that is having a stressful career involving many late nights at the office, or back to back nights of meeting friends for drinks
- Lifestyle and the environment can play havoc on the skin with up to 70% of ageing being as a result of the environment or behaviour
- These factors can result in a tired looking skin, dull complexion, uneven skin tone, fine lines and dark circles
- We sometimes call this the ‘1st signs of ageing’ and Idealia is perfect for those wanting to start targeting these signs
- Idealia results in a fresh, radiant looking complexion, even skin tone, rested looking skin and smoother skin
- Idealia is most suited for women in their 20s and 30s who want to keep their skin in good condition and be proactive on these concerns
- If your concern is a lack of firmness and the onset of wrinkles then Liftactiv is for you
- As we age the activity of fibre-producing cells decreases which means we lose firmness and wrinkles begin to appear. These natural skin changes usually happen in our early 40s but can appear earlier for some.
- Liftactiv is Vichy’s most powerful anti-wrinkle skincare routine and has a range of products targeting the appearance of wrinkles, including deep vertical wrinkles which are hardest to correct, as well as the firmness of the skin.
- Liftactiv leaves the skin feeling firmer and looking smoother. The serums also help brighten and soften the skin.
- The Neovadiol Magistral range is designed for post menopausal skin
- When women go through menopause and after menopause they lose density in their skin and also lipids.
- These lipids, composed of fatty acids, help maintain the skin’s moisture barrier and help to provide cohesion between cells. This reduction in lipids leaves the skin feeling dry, less supple and its natural, radiant glow begins to fade.
- At this point in a women’s life a nourishing and hydrating regime is needed
- To combat the appearance these changes cause, Vichy’s Neovadiol Magistral range, enriched with a combination of carefully selected oils rich in fatty acids, provide instant comfort and a nourished feel to the skin. Facial contours look more defined and a radiant glow is restored.
Author: Dr Anjali Mahto.
This article reflects the opinion of Anjali Mahto and is intended as general advice only. You should seek advice from a professional before altering your diet, changing your exercise regime or starting any new course of conduct.